Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Weep not child - a message from a nation to her people.

       I am not a messenger but nevertheless I bear a message, from a  desperate mother to her hurting child.
       I am 53 today, I celebrate myself as you celebrate me amidst your disappointments. I weep that I hurt you so, thus ,I have chosen to open your eyes and move you from a point of passive absorption to active awareness;
        For everyone of you I chose you. You did not come to me by chance, from creation I knew you were mine and I proudly call you my own. You are embarrassed to call me your mother and I understand,my image in the eyes of many is far from impressive but my child, I did not bring this upon myself - you did.
          You traded tradition for civilization. You mastered greed and discontent. In the bountiful that once was enough you let your greed overcome your sense of brotherhood. You store up for an uncertain future, for children yet unborn but you forget we live in the now and leave the ones I have put amongst you to starve. Hunger becomes their drive and desperation their fuel, they resort to dishonesty and a life of crime.
       All that you need I freely give,it is all for the taking if you will but look keenly. You neglect the treasures in your home but admire those of your neighbour. I can only be as rich as my people. My child, laziness travels so slowly that soon poverty overtakes it. You may not have diamonds but you do have what they are worth,all you need to do is look. use your gifts more and waste less, do your best and cast your care.
        You are religious and it pleases me so, why then do I hear the blood of your brothers cry up to me from the earth. Why is there strive in the wind and tears in my waters. You fill the worship places but what good is a lesson taught that does not see action.
            I see that I am flawed but what nation isn't? the grass on the other side is not greener it is only better groomed.
            I have said all that I can and for now it is all that you may need. My time is short but my message is clear ' I have failed you as a nation but you fail me daily as a people '. 
             All is not lost when there is hope and the best of your today's shall be the worst of your tomorrow.
          

No comments:

Post a Comment