Sunday, October 13, 2013

In the defense of Osu Beverly.

        Controversy is the fuel of fame. I will begin by stating clearly that,  I do not know the afore mentioned. I merely speak as a voice of reason :
          let us begin with the point of ' modesty and decency '. Bigbrother Africa as a show encourages neither. So when we send in representatives, we need to quit eating their heads off for doing exactly What they are there for - entertaining. This are not unicef ambassadors, we have been known to criticize descent housemates, referring to them as ' boring ' or ' unrefined ' It is the hair raising events that make for good television. Are we suggesting it is Alright to see some big brother action, So long as the actors are not Nigerians?
             Moreover, I am weary with talk about How her actions are ' against our tradition ' Well if I must state the obvious - the show is not in anyway traditional, and is certainly not very African either. I haven't still figured out What exactly the moral of the show is, But I shall let you know when it is found.
             I agree with the concerned ones who say ' she is not a good role model for our daughters ' But , if you are a great parent your daughter should not know who Beverly osu is, and if she's old enough to, then she is equally old enough to know better.
             nevertheless, let us gather and call her a prostitute or what else we dim fit.  Afterwards you can arrange a treat of nkwobi and red wine with your mistress or better still go shopping with your maga , Exchange nude pictures on twitter and twit about your sexual escapades. Those are very moral and Nigerian.
              In the end ,we all seem to have a clear idea how other people should lead their lives but none about our own. We are right ,she was wrong but we can live and let live.I rest my case.

1 comment: