Sunday, March 2, 2014

The return.

    In the time i was away politics has, as I hear, remained entertaining and wonders are still never ending;
     I was told two presidents, the incumbent and an ex became public pen pals. This is the kind of love I envy. Where we kiss behind closed doors and go for each other’s throat in public, Passion. I do not believe the Obasanjo,-Jonathan love affair is over, it is simply in quintessence. after-all politicians are known to be very forgiving; the PDP-APC coupling is proof of this largess.
     My jaw did not drop when I heard Princess Stella Oduah got herself into more trouble, and the resignation (or whatever else it was),  was in my opinion a decision made as early as comfortable as late as possible. The scandal on fake credentials was obviously the last stone Jonathan would allow her put in his 2015 garri . I pray it is only my paranoia that leaves me seeing every debatable decision Mr. President makes arriving at the dinner table all dressed up in 2015. The man has after all declared no such intention. This is why as a child I considered the first come first serve rule the golden rule of fair play. It leaves no room for trivialities such as assumptions or accusations by overzealous aides and over active critics. No smog of mystery to our intentions. That way a man can do a good thing and we will not go looking under his bed for his reason.
    In other business we are all morally exultant concerning the anti-gay law. For once we can say Jonathan has done it right, he has listened to the crowd, now we know he isn't hard at hearing. In the meantime while we go on our gay hunts let us remember patience does not need to fly to India when she has a stomach upset, there is a reason we have hospitals. The presidential villa need not have a generator, there is a reason we have PHCN. Universities we have, leaders have no need to send their children over the sea to get an education.  My point ?while we are at helping God do his judging ,let us also help ourselves create room for better straight living. A sentence on adultery would not hurt either, fornication and double-dealing can come after. Grateful wives, husbands, parents, and an honest nation. For what more could one ask?
    God forbid I say so much that the more I say the less it matters. Chris Okotie will agree with me; it is better to be judged for saying too little, than it must be to be ignored for saying too much.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment