Sunday, November 3, 2013

How to loose a million Naira.

   There are many(often very broke ) preachers of the how to become a millionaire Gospel, as intriguing as that topic sounds I have decided to spare myself( and everyone else) another hungry opinion on money getting.
       I am not a millionaire. I've never even seen a million Naira in reality, But who said you need to have a million to begin with. If you are as broke as I am, I believe loosing  that amount of money at once would be an experience equal to putting your head between a lion's jaw, a lethal joke. Like little bites of candy that will one day cause you to loose your teeth, loosing in sweet ,little, not so obvious bits, That's the way to go .
         Gamblers in my opinion should grab a seat at the back of the class, next to the junkies. I shamefully admit even I, once counted on fortuna and her blind promises. The rule was simple: endure loosing till you begin to win. In my defense it sounded more logical at the time. I had seen the stories too; How one Naira could grow into ten thousand and hundred into hundreds of thousands. Be lucky, That's what the manual recommended. long story short, I lost everything and went-a-borrowing. All interest in gaining gone, i began to strive to get back What i lost. The end is predictable, I was asked to come back the day after ' you may get lucky, you never know when your time go come ' I was better off not knowing. Many of us know this story, from pool tables to card games to internet betting. Difference is many of us believe the come back tomorrow line  and the lucky tomorrow continues to elude us.
          Also, there are many Intriguing investment pathways. Non patented companies in absurd locations with inviting offers. You can put in tens of thousands, get monthly dividends and earn back ten times your initial capital (this is not the stock market) How isn't that too good to be true? The more you put in the greater your chances. Good money quick. No risk. Till the day you go to this makeshift office and realize It's gone with the wind. All the young men in well ironed suits and smartly dressed women have all performed a disappearing act, only this time with a little something that may belong to you. You will stand outside and gnash your teeth as you remember this warning.
     Trust me, in quick money instances  statistics is not your friend. Those ' 100 people made millionaires testimony, I wouldn't dare suggest are false (till I can afford a lawyer ) but I am certain the numbers are misleading. They carefully omit the most important detail - How many participated. A thousand? A million?  In the name of all that it righteous,am I the only one being assaulted by the stench of deceit?
      wealth is a fickle mistress, there are as many ways to loose money as there are to make it. May you not go about making fast men rich by trying to get rich(or richer) quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment