Sunday, January 25, 2015

What I know for sure.


I know most of us are picking wars of words about the election while those who own the war solely; listen, sign what they must, but do what they please.

I know we give so much; burn cars, blow up offices. Get blood on our hands and guilt on consciences to make a point. We do it all for people who do nothing for us at all.

I know our war should not be fought on the high land of prejudice and sentiment, but we should, if we must, fight to the death to make a worthy difference on the lowland of capacity and worth.

I know we deserve more than this “election worthy only” way they see us. Like we are nothing until they need us for something. If stomach infrastructure is key, where has it been all the while we starved in the last three years? If we will be protected in the future, why weren't we in the past?

I know in battle the strategies are not solely attack and defense. There is also one that lurks in the shadows; sabotage. Things are almost never what they seem.

I know our poverty is not a mistake; our ignorance is not a thing of chance. They keep us this way because they need us this way; vulnerable. I know we are only independent in the history books, but are still heavily dependent on everyone but ourselves.

I know we are too scared to accept change because the “familiar” is more comfortable than “what if" But if you say you can do better, why should you be forgiven for wasting our time with less than your best?  We never said heal our hurt, Visit our injured, or bury our dead. We only begged you pretend you cared!

I know it spells trouble that our best resource is the adage on "the devils we know", like a woman in an abusive relationship. We refuse to give love a chance because, we’re scared we’d be put through worse. But how much worse can it get? There have been too many of us who slept in beds but now awaken at the light of day under the grasses that have grown on the bed of earth that marks where we lay.

       I know I know nothing. Maybe that’s why I see through everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment