Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Why I dumped APC : What Nuhu Ribadu did not say.


I will begin by first observing as a lover that it is better to be said to have been left than it is to be dumped. I don’t know the difference, but the word dumped leads to unpleasant imaginations of throwing out soiled baby diapers. That though is another kettle of fish.


My good friends,
I know how difficult it must be for you to come to terms with my defection to another party, particularly it being a party that I have constantly condemned in the past as corrupt and in active to the plight of Nigerians. But I must assure you that it's a carefully considered decision for which I do not wish to hurt anyone's feeling (most especially those of my good friends) and if I do in the end I do not really mind, I have thought about that carefully too. I'll not embark on a needless animosity with my good friends, irrespective of political, religious (this is most important and must not be left out of the list), regional and ethnic affiliations.  Let me quickly make it known that I did not issue a statement disparaging APC and its members, including Governors Amaechi, Kwankwaso... These were clearly fabricated, expected backlash, by mischievous characters interested in misleading a public that is still desperately demanding for the return of the missing girls, and drawing a picture of non-existent feuds between me and my good friends. Did I mention they are my good friends? And good friends especially politically do not feud.


As for my next step in this political struggle that some sections have been trying to truncate, this would be made known in due time. For now, I wish to assure you that my defection is in pursuit of a good cause, this can be clearly seen by my decision to drop the ambition to be president of the nation and now settle for governorship of a state. It is not for my own good but for yours, and never out of any selfish interests as portrayed by a section. A section that may include my good friends whose names I will kindly withhold, because I am a good friend.  Thanks for bearing with me on this decision, I understand how hard it must be for you to take a break from your hustle to notice my little confusing charade. For those who have been in solidarity with my struggles and still giving me the benefits of the doubt even though I have not really earned this benefit, I'm most grateful. I'll never let you down on this new path from which I hope to never defect again. Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. That is the dirtiness of politics....no permanent friends as well as enemy, only the strong survive

    ReplyDelete
  2. @jephthah i agree. goes to show if there is anything greater than shame it is ambition.

    ReplyDelete